"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, September 26, 2022

Food In L.A. Last Weekend

Above, my Tommy's breakfast sandwich. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I went to Los Angeles last Friday to attend the 50ish Hawthorne High School Reunion, I made it a point to go have a breakfast sandwich at Tommy's in North Hills. This I accomplished. I was craving Tommy's chili.

As for other food outside of the reunion, the gang of us headed to Pancho's Mexican restaurant in Manhattan Beach. While planning the trip, I had my eye on either Pancho's or Cozymel's Mexican Grill.

Above, Pancho's looked the same. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Well, Cozymel's was closed down several years ago as their rent was increased and the plaza was being remodeled. My late mother and I used to go there for dinner quite often. Therefore, as Pancho's was still operating, we went there.

The place still looked the same and the food was still good. I used to bring Young Republicans there in the 1970s and 1980s whenever we had a convention in Los Angeles. Pancho's didn't disappoint. I had a cheese enchilada and chile relleno combination plate.

Above, the gang at Pancho's last Saturday evening. 

A friend here asked me how did the food at Pancho's compare to the Mexican food in New Mexico. I said that although the food at Pancho's was good, the Mexican food in New Mexico is better and hotter. (It must be the Hatch Valley chile peppers in the sauce.)

The only favorite place I missed was In-N-Out Burger while in L.A. Oh, well. Next time.

No comments:

Search This Blog