"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, May 9, 2023

Today's Drive In Six Mile Canyon

Today, I drove the Jeep further into Six Mile Canyon of the Cibola National Forest.

Six Mile Canyon Road was in okay condition. But when I turned off onto a road in the valley four miles in, it got a little rough from deep ruts. It got so rough that the bouncing caused the carburetor horn to disconnect from the carburetor and the clamp holding it turned and the bolt on it impeded the choke cable, causing the Jeep to conk out. It then wouldn't start.

I put everything back together (good thing I had a screwdriver with me) and the Jeep started and ran fine from then on. 

A little after leaving the valley, a McKinley County Sheriff vehicle with two officers approached from the opposite way. We exchanged greetings. After we departed, I wondered to myself if their SUV patrol vehicles are 4-wheel drive equipped. I should have asked.

Some pictures:






Except for the carburetor horn matter, it was an enjoyable drive.

No comments:

Search This Blog