"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, April 7, 2024

Eclipse: What RVers Should Expect

Above, the 2017 Great American Eclipse. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

For all of you skywatchers, eclipse day is tomorrow. Depending upon where one is, the eclipse will take place between 1:00 to 4:00 PM eastern time.

Since I viewed the 2017 eclipse up in Idaho, I decided to sit this one out at home. I was considering traveling to where the path will cross over, but the weather reports aren't too encouraging. But those who want to take a chance to see it with clear skies (check the weather reports), do it.

Above, The Beast at the Idaho viewing area in 2017. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I did manage to get a good view of last year's annular solar eclipse from my yard as my home was in its path.

RV Life has posted an article on what RVers should expect during the eclipse.

They begin with:

When I was in elementary school, a partial eclipse passed over New Orleans. It was an incredible event. I had never seen anything like it in my life. I remember the feeling of awe as all of the kids gathered on the playground to experience it. Our science teachers excitedly explained that the moon was passing in front of the sun. One of the teachers had obsidian glass where we could see the moon slowly pass in front of the sun. But the shadows were what astounded me the most. It was like being on another planet. This memory is what propelled me to pack up my family and our dog in 2017 and drive 14 hours to experience totality. Was it worth it? Absolutely. Do I recommend the eclipse experience for RVers? Of course I do!

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog