"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, April 19, 2024

Hoppe's Day

Above, yours truly shooting the Winchester 94 yesterday. Photo by Larry Lucier.

Today will have me doing some gun cleaning with Hoppe No. 9 solvent and doing some Jeeping.

The weather is supposed to reach 73° today. 

I also will be tinkering with the shell feeder of the Winchester Model 12 shotgun to see what the issue is that is not feeding the shells into the firing chamber. If I am unable to resolve it, I'll have to have the gunsmith in Grants check it out. 

Although the shotgun is 105 years old, the model was manufactured by Winchester up to 1964. So the gunsmith should be familiar with it. Friend Victor said he had a similar problem with his Model 12 when he first got it. 

It was interesting during yesterday's shoot that Nandoh's Henry lever-action rifle (I think he said it is a .30 caliber) was heavier than my Winchester 94 lever-action. We tried each other's rifles to see the difference in them. The lever and hammer of my rifle worked fine after having the deep cleaning done last November. 

No comments:

Search This Blog