"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Brought Home The Winchester 1912 Shotgun

Above, yours truly with the new acquisition at Loeffler's Guns.

This morning, I went to Grants, New Mexico to pick up my new (to me) Winchester Model 1912 12 gauge shotgun with a 30" barrel. 

While at the gun shop to transfer ownership, I looked online for the year of manufacture. By its serial number, the shotgun was made in 1919, 105 years ago.

Above, the Winchester Model 1912 shotgun with a 30" barrel. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The bluing is mostly worn off, but it is otherwise in good condition. What would one expect for a shotgun over 100 years old? I will try it out either this coming Thursday or Friday.

By the way, for New Mexico residents, the 7-day waiting period for gun purchases goes into effect on May 15. If one wants to buy a gun and avoid the waiting period, now is the time to do so.

I picked up the below card at the gun store:


Afterwards, I went to Rosie's Mexican food in Grants for a chile relleno plate lunch:



No comments:

Search This Blog