"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 18, 2024

Today's Shooting

Above, Larry and Nandoh. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, we did some target shooting out at the shooting area near our community in Cibola National Forest was a fun time had by all.

Four of us went to the shooting area this morning: Larry Lucier, Victor Gomez, Nadoh Munoz and me. Three of us had lever-action rifles. Larry and Nandoh had Henrys and I had my Winchester 94. 

I tried out the Mossberg .410 shotgun and it worked fine as did the Winchester 94. I also shot with my Winchester 62A .22 pump rifle. It was the first time I shot with it since the 1980s. It worked well too.

The new (to me) Winchester Model 12 shotgun didn't seem to like the 12 gauge shells. They were 2.75 sized. They wouldn't go into the firing chamber. Either they were too short or, there's a malfunction with the pump action. I'll have to check it out. I'll see how it does with 3" shells. If necessary, at least I have a good gunsmith to take it to.

After shooting, we headed over to Denny's at the Flying J for coffee. There, I received some sad news from my cousin Maria. Our cousin Debra passed away today. She had been in ill health for some time. But she is now at peace and with her mom & dad and her brother Ralph. 

Some photos from today's shoot:







No comments:

Search This Blog