"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Three Winchesters

Above, the three Winchesters. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday, I picked up my Winchester Model 1912 (or Model 12) 12 gauge shotgun with a 30 inch barrel. According to its serial number, it was made in 1919. It is definitely a pre-1964 firearm. Although the bluing is pretty much gone, there is no rust and is in good shape for a 105-year-old shotgun. The inside of the barrel looks good. One Winchester enthusiast said, "Never re-blue honest wear on a Winchester."

Now that I have it, I now have three Winchesters. It is a modest collection compared to collectors who have rooms full of them. 

My first Winchester is a Model 62A .22 pump rifle. I inherited it from my grandfather. It was made in 1947. I used it back in the 1980s and it is a fun shooter.

I bought a Winchester 1894 (or Winchester 94) .30-30 lever-action carbine five years ago. I have been wanting to buy one and came across it in an Albuquerque gun store while browsing around. It was made in 1962. I put it on layaway as I was to fly to Florida the next day for a cruise to Cuba. I picked it up when I got back.

Unless I stumble across something I can't refuse, I think this is it for buying more Winchesters for me. I have been thinking about getting another revolver. We'll see.

No comments:

Search This Blog