"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, April 15, 2024

Good News and Help Needed

Above, Winchester Model 12 shotgun.

It looks like UPS may be delivering my Winchester Model 12 shotgun tomorrow instead of Wednesday.

I checked the progress and the estimated delivery date was changed to April 16. It that is the case, I can try it out later this week. The guys and I are planning to go to the shooting area for some plinking near our community either Thursday or Friday. 

Once it is in my hands, it will be the third Winchester I'll have.

*******

Helping A Friend

Above, Dusty.

A good friend of mine, Deanna Carola (who I met several years ago in L.A.), has a pet chinchilla named Dusty who had a terrible mishap that fractured one of his legs in two places. He had to have it amputated today. He appears to be doing okay, but as one can imagine, the veterinary bill will be a bit costly.

Deanna has started a Go Fund Me page to raise money for the veterinarian's bill. I have already contributed, but she can use some additional help. 

Those of us with pets know how much they mean to us whether they're big or small. Deanna has been a good and devoted pet owner (and she makes a great chicken parmesan, as I can attest) and would be very grateful for any contributions.

I would also appreciate it as well.

To access the Go Fund Me page, go here

UPDATE 4/20/24:

Some good news from Deanna. She posted this last night:

Finally after 5 days in the ER, Dusty was able to come home last night. For the next 14 days the focus will be on properly medicating and easing any of his symptoms from surgery. His stump is still swollen but should go down with the anti inflammatory.

He is finally eating more, primarily hay. He took mostly water from a dropper last night. Hopefully by Monday he will be able to make it to his water bottle. He is eating enough to product 80+ pellets in 24 hours. Small but a higher quantity than the surgeon was seeing meaning GI STASIS is no longer a concern.

Dusty’s medication schedule is pretty strict at 6am, 8am, 6pm, and 8pm. Most medication requires it to be taken with food which he doesn’t always want but praying it will get better.

He has an appointment for a follow up to check the incisions in 14 days from now. I will be posting daily updates of his recovery.

Help is still needed to cover Dusty's medical bills. 

2 comments:

J.D. Lees said...

Pet vet bills for injuries like that are very tough. My heart goes out to your friend. I want to comment on GoFundMe, however. The organization defunded the Canadian Trucker Protest against the Canadian government's unreasonable (as as it turned out after court cases, unconstitutional) covid restrictions. I will never use GoFundMe in the future, but rather I donate through GiveSendGo. They are a more ethical group, and don't play politics. In this case, I made the donation but gave GoFundMe a $0 "tip." I urge others to do the same.

Armand Vaquer said...

Thanks. J.D.!

Search This Blog