"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Today In Gallup

Above, today's lunch at the El Rancho Hotel. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, after our coffee gathering at Denny's I headed into Gallup to pick up my meds. Russell Azbill also had to pick up his meds so he came along.

After getting my meds, we went to the Silver Screen Restaurant at the El Ranch Hotel. There, we were served by a very nice waitress named Alex. We both had the Rita Moreno plate consisting of enchiladas.

Above, Eric Romero. From his Facebook page.

Following that, we went to get Russell's meds and do some shopping at Albertson's. There, I received some sad news. I was going to order my usual case of Alien Amber Ale from Eric Romero, the liquor department manager. I asked one of the clerks if Eric was in, but was told that he passed away on March 17. He had several health issues, but he was a dedicated professional. He had a good knowledge on wines and we had some great talks on the subject. He will be missed. 

I went ahead and ordered a case of Alien Amber Ale (one must be ready for the upcoming clampout). 

Although we did a lot of running around, Russell and I both agreed that we had fun doing so. 

No comments:

Search This Blog