"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, April 4, 2024

More Full Campgrounds In 2023 Than In 2020

Above, there were plenty of open campsites at Manzanita Lake Campground
 in Lassen Volcanic National Park when I arrived. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I must be a lucky person.

Since I bought my motorhome in 2015, I have not encountered full campgrounds during my travels. Maybe it is because I prefer the off-season. I was even able to get a site at Manzanita Lake Campground in Lassen Volcanic National Park without a reservation in August 2017.

I usually just show up at a campground (mostly private ones) without a reservation and ask the clerk at the front desk if they have room for one. 

According to an article in RV Travel, there were twice as many full campgrounds in 2023 than in 2020. 

They begin with:

Like to RV with spontaneity? Shun making campground reservations in favor of letting it ride while in your ride? Then you probably already know that finding an overnight spot is getting harder. Campsite-locating app The Dyrt has the numbers to confirm your experience. Twice as many full campgrounds were the rule for users in 2023 compared to 2020.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog