| Above, the blue dot marks where Jamestown is located. |
Yesterday morning, while at my desk doing some blogging, I thought I felt a slight shaking sensation. That only lasted seconds before I dismissed it.
Later, I discovered that there was a 4.1 earthquake centered near Mount Taylor which is about 21 miles from Grants.
Since Grants is about 44 miles from Jamestown, that is likely why the shaker was light. It was non-concerning since it was so light because, after all, I've experienced much worse with the Northridge Earthquake in 1994 being the most intense.
I go to Grants on occasion for doctor appointments or to Loeffler's Guns Etc.
Historically, the Grants area is known for volcanic activity, especially from Mount Taylor. There are lava formations along Interestate 40 just east of Grants.
I guess it was making this ex-Californian feel right at home.
No comments:
Post a Comment