"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 13, 2026

RV Travel and Antique Shops

Above, the John Wayne whiskey decanter I got at a
Payson, Arizona antique store. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As a general rule, I will stop at an antique shop while out traveling in my RV if it is a large store with eye-catching items displayed in front. 

I can easily recall two specific antique stores I've made purchases at. One was in Cortez, Colorado (Antique Corral) and the other was in Payson, Arizona (Explore the Attic). At the Cortez store, I bought a wrought iron key holder. At the Payson store, I bought a John Wayne bust whiskey decanter. 

RV Travel has posted an poll article asking readers of they visit antique shops while traveling. I replied, "Yes, sometimes."

The article begins with:

When you’re out with your RV, exploring cities and small towns, do you like to visit antique shops? There are some incredible places across the country and across North America where you could easily spend an afternoon wandering through antique stores, flea markets, and dusty old barns packed with treasures.

And, really, antique shopping and RVing seem to go pretty well together. You’re already traveling through towns you might never otherwise visit, so why not stop and see what’s hiding inside that old shop on Main Street? You never know what you’ll find. It could be a beautiful piece of furniture, an old camping lantern, vintage postcards, Pyrex dishes, records, signs, books, tools… or something completely bizarre that you absolutely do not need but suddenly cannot imagine leaving without.

To read the full article, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog