"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, August 20, 2026

When Was Your Winchester Made?

Above, the result for my Winchester 94.

When I was in Albuquerque in April 2019 at Ron Peterson's Firearms store, I spotted a Winchester 94 rifle in .30-30. The rifle looked to be in good condition and the price was right.

I was on the lookout for a Winchester 94 pre-1964 rifle and this looked to be what I was seeking. 

I went to the Winchester Arms Collectors Association website to their gun date widget and entered the rifle's serial number. I knew already that it was a pre-1964 by a couple of telltale signs, but I wanted to see its year of manufacture. 

It came up as 1962. So I bought it and put it on layaway for a week as I was going on a cruise to Key West and Havana, Cuba the following day. 

When I returned from the cruise, I picked up the rifle and took it home. 

Here's the link to the Winchester Arms Collectors Association gun date widget: https://winchestercollector.org/dates/

No comments:

Search This Blog