"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, August 23, 2026

Why Some RVs Last 30 Years and Others Are Money Pits

Above, camping at the West Yellowstone KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Until I had to replace the toilet in my motorhome a few months ago, my 2016 Winnebago Minnie Winnie has been the most reliable vehicle I've owned. 

It still is. It is an eleven-year-old vehicle and until the toilet needed replacing, I've only had very minor repairs to tend to, such as a stuck roof vent cover (still under warranty) and the house door lock that was busted by being slammed by wind. The awning fabric had to be replaced due to it being torn by a leaning telephone pole that I didn't see. Sooner or later, something will go bad. I've been lucky that it took eleven years for a major replacement job had to be done.

RV Travel posted an article on why some RVs last 30 years while others are money pits. 

They begin it with:

A 20-year-old RV can remain dependable, while a newer one can turn into a repair burden soon after its warranty ends. Age and price matter less than construction, care, use, and storage. The RVs that hold up for decades usually receive attention long before a small problem becomes an expensive project.

In the video at the end of the post, certified RV inspector Duane from the RV Inspection And Care channel goes into greater detail.

To read more and see the video, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog