"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, August 19, 2026

Downpour Yesterday

Above, the Jeep during a previous storm. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday afternoon, I was watching the news when I noticed that it was raining outside.

It wasn't some light rain, it was a downpour. I then remembered that the Jeep was still outside and the seats would be drenched. 

I then threw on a hat and ran out. It was a huge downpour. I looked over at the other acre and it was looking like a swamp. I made a split-second decision to move the Jeep over to the garage and get out and open the garage door. This I did. 

The rain did not let up, the downpour continued. My clothes were getting drenched. I opened the garage door and then got back inside the Jeep and drove it in.

By now, the passenger seat was drenched, but at least the driver seat was still somewhat dry. I closed up the garage door and headed inside the house. My shirt was completely drenched and my jeans were almost so. I threw the jeans into the dryer and hung up the shirt (the shirt was cotton and would have shrunk if I threw it into the dryer). 

That was definitely a drenching downpour. No wonder Gallup was flooded twice during recent monsoon rains. Luckily, I don't have to worry about flooding as the property is on a hill. Still, it is good that the ground got a good soaking.

No comments:

Search This Blog