"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Avoiding Winter Camping Problems

Above, The Beast during the time I was living in it in February. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I first moved to New Mexico last February, I had to wait 12 days for the movers to bring my stuff.

While waiting, I lived in The Beast. During that time, the temperatures got down to freezing (32°) and below and it occasionally snowed.

Fortunately for me, I have built-in holding tank heaters so that the tanks wouldn't freeze and cause damage. I am using them now as the temperatures have been down into the teens. Although the RV has a propane heater, it eats up propane like crazy, so I used my ceramic space heater to heat the interior. It worked great and my cat Sierra and I were kept warm and comfortable.

To power everything, I had the RV electric plugged into an outlet in the garage with an adapter.

For those who like to camp in the winter, RV Life has an article of five tips to prepare for winter camping.

It begins with:
Proper preparation and gear are essential to avoid winter camping problems. Let’s look at five winter camping challenges and how to avoid them.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog