"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, November 18, 2018

Two Years Ago: Monument Valley

Above, Goulding's Lodge Campground. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Two years ago, I was relaxing at Goulding's Lodge Campground at Monument Valley. It was near the end of my three-week vacation trip to Metropolis, Illinois.

Above, I saw many different rock formations during the tour. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

The day before, I arrived at Monument Valley in the morning and took the Goulding's tour of the Navajo Tribal Park in the afternoon. This was made necessary as a marathon was being held the next day (November 18) and there would be no tours given.

Above, Ear of the Sun arch. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I spent the day at the Goulding's Lodge and looked over the museum and gift shop and visited John Wayne's Cabin from She Wore A Yellow Ribbon.

Above, John Wayne's Cabin. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

I can see why director John Ford was smitten over Monument Valley. I visited it back in the 1980s, but this was the first time I stayed there and took a tour.

Above, The Mittens at dusk. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

If anyone needs a place to see during vacation season, I highly recommend Monument Valley.

For more on Goulding's Lodge, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog