"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, November 24, 2018

Hot Fudge Sundae With No Ice Cream

Above, Denny's at the Flying J in Jamestown. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Earlier this afternoon, I stopped in at Denny's at the Flying J.

I felt I needed something sweet, so I decided to head over there for a hot fudge sundae. I hadn't had anything sweet since Thanksgiving dinner when Larry Lucier served an excellent blueberry pie he made.

I was greeted by a (new?) waitress who seated me at a window booth. She asked what I wanted to drink. I told her nothing and just said I wanted a hot fudge sundae with vanilla ice cream and nuts (no hard boiled eggs). Then she walked away.

A few minutes later, another waitress, Danica, approached and asked me if it were correct that I wanted no ice cream in the hot fudge sundae. I exclaimed, "What?!" I said I told the other waitress that I wanted vanilla ice cream. Danica said the other waitress told her I wanted no ice cream in the sundae.

She said she thought it was strange that I would order a sundae without ice cream (she already knew me). We both had a good laugh.

No comments:

Search This Blog