"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, November 28, 2018

Sword Information

Above, the sword's handle. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

A response at the sword forum to my query on what my sword is.

It reads:
Kingdom of Prussia, NCO of Artillery after 1910. Nickel plated blade not Stainless Steel. The same saber if brass or gold hilt, is cavalry NCO. 
BTW: This design lasted until 1945, and yours could be post WW 1 too. We would have to see the trade mark and blade configuration to know for sure.

I posted a photo of the blade in response. I see no trade marks or any other markings.

I did look up Kingdom of Prussia swords and many of them look like the one I have.

We'll see what the "final verdict" is.

******************************************************************************
UPDATE:

After posting the photo (below) of the blade, I received this response:
Armand: That is Wiemar/Third Reich...

No comments:

Search This Blog