"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

Swordplay

Above, the sword mounted below the "Three Mesas" painting. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After mounting the sword I have on the wall yesterday, I got curious about who made it and when. Up to now, I had not looked into its origins.

I did some searching around different sword-related websites and found some very similar to the one I have. I inherited it from my dad 19 years ago. I had it mounted on the wall above the main entry door to my Tarzana, California apartment.

Above, a little closer view. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It may be a cavalry sword from the 1800s from what I saw. There are some differences, so I am not entirely sure about it. My two breakfast/coffee companions this morning also thought it is a cavalry sword.

I believe the blade was replaced as the one on it seems new and stainless steel (I could be mistaken). The handle looks like it may be original. Again, I am not entirely sure as it is possible that the whole thing may be a reproduction.

Above, the handle may be original. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

So, I joined a sword-related forum and now waiting to be fully activated so I can post photos, etc. to see if it can be positively identified.

Whatever it is, it still looks good on the wall.

No comments:

Search This Blog