"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, February 1, 2019

Browsing At High Desert Cycles

Above, yours truly on the Yamaha Kodiac 450. Photo by Nandoh.

Today, I had a "mad craving" for sushi. So I decided to head into Gallup to the only sushi restaurant in town, Zen Steak and Sushi.

Since they don't open until 4:00, I went a little early to pay a visit to High Desert Cycles, which is about a block away to take a look at their ATVs.

Above, the Yamaha Kodiac 450. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


They carry ATVs by Suzuki and Yamaha. Two Yamaha ATVs caught my eye. One was a Yamaha Kodiac 700, red in color. Its MSRP is $6,999. The other was a Yamaha Kodiac 450, tan/camo in color. Its MSRP is $7,200.

Of the two, I liked the Kodiac 450 better, even though it was slightly smaller with less horsepower than the Kodiac 700.

Above, on the Yamaha Kodiac 700. Photo by Nandoh.

Since we have a lot of off-road trails to wander around in, either one of these would be perfect, especially for going up Six Mile Canyon in Cibola National Forest near Jamestown, the utility road behind my property and around Jamestown itself.

While I was there, one of the Jamestown neighbors, Nandoh, stopped in to pick up a battery. He has a 2015 Harley motorcycle. I had him take photos of my on both ATVs so I can see how I looked on them. The Kodiac 450 looked a "better fit" and it felt more comfortable.

Above, the Yamaha Kodiac 700. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

We had a good time chatting with the shop's owner, Kevin. I told him that I was looking for something for the summer and will likely "pull the trigger" around March or April.

Above, Nandoh and his Harley. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Following the stop at High Desert Cycles, I then headed across the street to Zen Steak and Sushi for dinner.

No comments:

Search This Blog