"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, February 8, 2019

"Independence Day" Five Star Edition DVD



Today, while down at the Flying J this morning, I picked up the "Five Star" DVD copy of the 1996 feature film, Independence Day. It had been quite a while since I've seen it (I have it on VHS, but have no working VHS machine) and figured that I would get it on DVD.

This DVD includes a "special edition" with six minutes of extra footage as well as the theatrical version. I watched the special edition this evening. I found it to be interesting. Among the extras was the original filmed ending in which Randy Quaid flew his bi-plane into the alien ship. Wisely, the producers went with the released version in which Quaid flew a fighter jet. The extra on blowing up the (very detailed) White House was interesting.

After watching the movie, I thought that it still holds up quite well (even though the characters kept saying that the Roswell, New Mexico UFO crash happened in the 1950s instead of the actual year of 1947) and is still mindless fun. Although not Shakespeare, Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin did a good job with this movie.

It is too bad that their 1998 Godzilla was so poorly conceived and executed.

I haven't bothered with 2016's Independence Day: Resurgence. It just doesn't interest me and I heard it is not that good.

No comments:

Search This Blog