"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, February 7, 2019

Things To Look For In A Campground

Above, The Beast at the Ely, Nevada KOA. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When traveling, I usually plan my daily drives with campgrounds along the way in mind. I generally try to arrive before dusk. Setting up camp in the dark is not something I like to do.

I usually use several sources for finding the "right" campground. I use the Good Sam campground directory (now called Good Sam RV Travel & Savings Guide), the KOA Kampground Directory and Woodall's Campground Directory. And, I check RV Park Reviews (I am a contributor) to see what other RVers say about the campgrounds I am considering.

Do It Yourself RV has an article on six things to look for in a campground. A lot of it depends upon one's needs and wants. But the article has some handy tips.

They begin with:
If you’re trying to plan your first springtime camping trip, you may be feeling a bit overwhelmed. After all, there are a lot of campgrounds to choose from, and picking the one that’s right for you can feel intimidating. What should you be looking for and how do you find that information? 
Luckily, there are ways to narrow down your choices and help ensure you have an awesome camping trip in the ideal campground. Read on to learn what experienced campers look for in a campground, and what you might want to keep an eye out for as well.
To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog