"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, October 29, 2020

RV Storage: Winterizing Need-To-Know Information

Above, getting ready to put The Beast into its garage. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last week, I went to Lake Havasu, Arizona for the weekend. The temperatures there ranged into the 80s and 90s.

When I got back home, I found that a winter storm (and we're still in autumn) was on the way. So the day after I got back home, I put my motorhome into my RV garage and did some winterizing chores. I added anti-freeze to the water lines and tanks, plugged the RV into the garage's electrical outlet (30 amp) and flipped on the holding tank heaters.

These tasks have worked well for me during the past two years since I moved to New Mexico. Do It Yourself RV has an article on "need-to-know" information on winterizing RVs.

They begin it with:

For most RVers, this is the time of year to lay up the rig for the winter season. In some areas “winter” means severe weather and below-zero temperatures, while in others it may be just the occasional hard freeze at night.

In either case, there are a number of chores to attend to so as to protect our RVs while not in regular use. For most folks that means more than the traditional RV winterizing of the water lines. Here’s what you need to know about RV storage for the winter.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog