"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, October 11, 2020

A Drive Into Cibola National Forest

Above, at the old corral at the gate to Cibola National Forest/Six Mile Canyon. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Despite today being a windy day, that didn't stop me from getting the Jeep out for a little drive into Cibola National Forest/Six Mile Canyon near Jamestown.

Considering that we only have about two months left to drive into Cibola National Forest before it is closed for the winter on December 15, I figured on getting much driving in before that time. I got a good workout today, which would please my cardiologist.

I decided to drive a side road that starts just inside the gate into the national forest. There were a number of people on this road (some were hauling loads of firewood, illegal, I presume since it is a national forest). 

One note, on the way out on Six Mile Canyon road, a tractor was hard at work grading the road at a I-40 culvert. When winter comes and the rains of spring, this will likely get washed out, making the road almost impassable.

But, during my drive, I did take some pictures (naturally).

 





No comments:

Search This Blog