"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, October 12, 2020

Moo Day In Six Mile Canyon

Above, a mother and her calf leaving the windmill. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I took another drive in Six Mile Canyon in the Cibola National Forest of New Mexico near Jamestown.

It was a pleasant day in the 70s.

During my drive I stopped at a previously-used campsite. The campsite was primitive with no tables or anything else with the exception of a rock campfire ring.

After checking out the campsite, I proceeded further into the canyon. I turned onto a small side road that leads to the windmill. At the windmill, a mother cow was standing there with her calf. Both kept watchful eyes on me.

I turned around to head back onto Six Mile Canyon Road. As I did so, I saw about a dozen more cows at the trees near the road. I didn't spot them when I drove in.

Naturally, I took some snapshots:

Above, at the campsite. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, mother cow and calf at the windmill. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above, mom and calf walking to a group of cows. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Above and below, a group of cows enjoying the shade. Photos by Armand Vaquer.



No comments:

Search This Blog