"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, October 23, 2020

First Full Day In Lake Havasu

Above, the flag's up! Photo by Armand Vaquer.

While Mitch was out to breakfast with another friend and doing errands, I decided to hang out at the Crazy Horse Campground and enjoy the lake.

Above, Mitch in his back yard. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

As is usually the case, I slept great in the motorhome and woke up to a warm and clear day. My next door neighbor is out boating with his black labrador and I sat out in the lake with a cigar and a bottle of Alien Amber Ale.

Above, a view looking toward the lake from Mitch's front yard. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After a while, I went back to the RV to dry off and the holding tank emptying truck came by to empty my holding tanks. There are no sewer facilities at the beachfront campsite as they are close to the lake (drinking water, y'know). The emptying truck works with suction, so RV holding tanks get a good emptying.

Above, The Beast this morning. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Earlier I was over at Mitch's and helped him change a bulb to one of his outdoor light fixtures. He's a bit leery about being on ladders. 

Above, the holding tank emptying truck. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

After that was done, we headed back to the RV park to drop me off. We'll be rejoining later once he's done with his errands. I think there will be a parade in town tomorrow, in which we'll be participating. 

Above, the beachfront campsites. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When we arrived, I set up my flagpole with my "Trump: No More Bullshit" flag. Lake Havasu City has a lot of Trump supporters and there's even a Trump store in town, which we'll be going to later today.

The boat and jet ski rental place on the property is closed (probably for the season), otherwise I would consider renting a jet ski. I did it here five years ago.

3 comments:

Glenn said...

Please keep an eye out for my friends with Sea Scout Ship 450. Tell Kathy hi if you run into them.

Glenn said...

Off the subject, but BE SURE to watch Campervan Kevin's video (10/23). A subject that needs exploring.

Armand Vaquer said...

He's lucky he or his dogs weren't hit. I heard Belen, New Mexico is a bit of a rough area. That's where it happened.

Search This Blog