"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, November 16, 2020

The Hoarders Are Back

Above, the Gallup Walmart toilet paper aisle last spring. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last Saturday night, Russell Asbill and I went to the Gallup, New Mexico Safeway market to pick up some groceries as we were aware that the state will be locked down again starting today.

The store was fairly busy and I was able to get everything on my list (yes, I do make shopping lists). Russell mentioned getting toilet paper and I took a walk over to the toilet paper aisle to take a peek and, lo and behold, the shelves were barren, even though there were signs telling shoppers that they are limited to one package per shopper. That didn't seem to do any good.

Lucky for me, I bought a package about a week ago, so I am okay for a while. 

What is wrong with people? They should have learned their lesson last spring when the hoarders gobbled up every package. I understand that this is happening again nationwide.

Stupid people never learn!

No comments:

Search This Blog