"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, March 25, 2021

Errands, Etc.

Above, charging up the Jeep's battery. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today was spent during the morning hours in Gallup doing some grocery shopping and getting a package mailed to Asya in St. Petersburg, Russia.

Above, a recent photo of
Asya she sent a week ago
.
A big screw-up occurred with a Christmas package I sent her in early December. Somehow, the package disappeared for a time and finally was returned to me yesterday. I went to the post office with the package in Gallup to see what caused the problem. They couldn't tell from the package. It might have originated from the Russia Post. 

Well, after doing my grocery shopping, I went to the Gallup UPS Store and had them re-send the package. It is estimated to arrive around April 2. The Gallup Post Office had no Customs forms, so I had the UPS Store take care of it. (I got a Customs form from a small post office at Lowe's Market, but it was unusable as it was not the current form.) Hopefully, it will arrive before her birthday in June.

After getting home, putting groceries away and picking up my mail, I went to the garage to fire up the Jeep. Unfortunately, the freezing temperatures got to its battery and I had to attach the battery charger to it. It had been over two weeks since I last started it up and drove it. This is the second time the temperatures got to the battery. The compartment is not well insulated. I'll have to put in some insulation in it.

The battery isn't that old, so it should be okay once it is charged up. 

So now I can kick back and relax for the rest of the day. It is currently about 39° outside and windy, too cold to be outside. And we all thought this is springtime.

UPDATE (1915 hrs.): After five hours of charging, the Jeep fired right up!

No comments:

Search This Blog