"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Waiting For Daybreak

Above, The Beast this morning. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


One of the annoying things about Daylight Savings Time is that daybreak is an hour later than under Standard Time.

I am planning to head out once the sun is up so I can see what I am doing when I am unplugging the motorhome and putting things away to head out to Arizona for the Lost Dutchman spring clamp-out in Quartzsite. I am going to stay overnight at a campground midway tonight so I'll have a shorter drive tomorrow and to fill the water tank. Since we have below freezing temperatures in Jamestown, I am avoiding using the outside water faucet to avoid bursting the pipes.

Under Standard Time, daybreak starts about an hour form now. But since we're under Daylight Savings Time, I have to wait until around 7:00.

The good thing about Arizona, the state doesn't recognize Daylight Savings Time (except for the Navajo Nation) and I will gain back an hour. The Arizona border is 40 miles from home.

Additionally, it is around 25° outside now. Inside of the Beast will be warm as I ran a ceramic space heater overnight.

It's a good thing I am vaccinated, since the there will be a lot of people at the clamp-out.

No comments:

Search This Blog