"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, March 14, 2021

Mobile RV Service

Above, The Beast at my friend's in Lake Havasu City. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Two and a half years ago, after getting back to my friend's house in Lake Havasu, Arizona following my heart attack, I found that the forward roof vent cover had broken apart from weathering. It got so brittle that it broke apart. That was bad enough.

What was worse, a summer storm was about to hit the area. So, I contacted a mobile RV repair service.

Within a couple of hours, the repairer showed up and replaced the roof vent, cover and all. It all cost about $80 (parts & labor), but I found the service to be worth it. The storm came and I had no water leakage issues.

RV Life has posted an article on the pros and cons of using a mobile RV service.

They begin with:

Although critical to the life of your RV, maintenance and repairs often get overlooked and rarely ever occur at a convenient time. This is why it’s important to have scheduled maintenance and a plan should untimely repairs happen.

Here we break down the pros and cons of a mobile RV service. Weigh the options and decide if this service is right for you.

In my case, as I was still weakened by the heart attack and the procedure of having two stents put into a coronary artery, having a mobile service come out was a godsend to me. Had I been able to bring the RV to a dealer, the cost would have likely been the same. 

As in everything, whether using a mobile service really depends upon how good the repairer is. I was lucky to have found a proficient one.

To read more, go here.


No comments:

Search This Blog