"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Forever Stamps: "Frogs"

Above, the "Frogs" stamp book. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This morning, I went to the post office at the Flying J to mail my bills and to buy a book of postage stamps.

The only stamps the clerk had were "Frogs".

 I took one look at the stamps and immediately thought of the late California State Assemblyman Paul Bannai. I thought, "Wouldn't Paul Bannai love these!" 

Bannai was a big frog fanatic. He made it a point to annually attend the famous Calaveras County Jumping Frog Jubilee in the the Mother Lode sierra range. 

Above, Paul Bannai with the frog novelty I picked up on vacation.

One year, while I was on his staff as a field representative in his Gardena district office, I presented to him a stuffed frog novelty I found at a curio shop while on vacation. We took photo of me presenting the frog to him.

All that aside, the stamps are nice ones.

No comments:

Search This Blog