"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Dinner With Lincoln

Above, President Abraham Lincoln's final resting place. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

This evening, over dinner, I watched the 2012 Steven Spielberg movie, Lincoln, starring Daniel Day-Lewis and Sally Field. I usually manage to get around to it at least once a year.

Above, the Lincoln Home in Springfield, Illinois. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

It has to be one of the best Abraham Lincoln movies Hollywood has produced.

It reminded me of my trip to Illinois four years after its release where I visited the Abraham Lincoln Library & Museum, the Lincoln home and Lincoln's tomb in Sprinfield. That visit to Springfield was capped off by watching the 2016 election returns in my motorhome at the Double J RV Park just outside of Springfield.

Above, a Cabinet Room meeting at the Lincon Museum. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

If one is interested in the life of President Lincoln, I would heartily recommend a visit to Springfield and bring the kids if you have any. It is well worth the trek there.

Above, yours truly at the Lincoln Tomb. 


No comments:

Search This Blog