"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, June 20, 2021

Father's Day Morning Round-up

Above, the escapee in Barking Spider Acre. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

About an hour ago, I participated in a little bit of a horse round-up.

One of my neighbor's horses got out of the pen. There's a gap of about 2 1/2 feet of the barrier to the ground and the horse apparently was lying down next to it and rolled out of the pen. I was out on my deck and spotted her in my neighbor's front yard.

Above and below, the other two horses in the pen. Photos by Armand Vaquer.


I went over to see if I could get a hold of the rope on her harness but she ran from me into Barking Spider Acre. I sent my neighbor a message about the horse, but luckily his wife and daughter were out in the yard (unaware of the escaped horse) and I told them. He was indoors sleeping. 

After a bit, my neighbor came out of the house and we all swarmed strategically to get her back into the pen. After a little while, she trotted in herself.  

Above, another shot of the escapee in Barking Spider Acre. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Afterwards, we were chatting and was told that his gelding, Buddy, was traded for some calves. I'm going to miss that guy.

Nothing like a Father's Day round-up.

No comments:

Search This Blog