"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Douglas Boyd, R.I.P.

Above from left, Doug Boyd, an unidentified Clamper and yours truly
  in 2016 at a clampout on the Keene Ranch near the Tehachapi Loop.

XSNGH (of E Clampus Vitus) Glenn Thornhill posted the following only moments ago:

I must sadly report that Brother Douglas Boyd of Platrix Chapter No. 2 and XNGH of Floating Whang Chapter, and my great friend of over fifty years, has gone to the Golden Hills. Our adventures will continue again, my friend. Rest In Peace.

I have also known Doug for many years (it also could be around 50) from the Young Republicans in the 1970s, the California Republican Assembly and on through to E Clampus Vitus. 

This is a stunner. I spoke with Glenn Thornhill and the cause of death is not known as yet.

My condolences to the Boyd family.

UPDATE (6/15/22):

Doug's stepdaughter Kara posted the following on June 12:

It has taken me days to find a way to post this.  

It is with great sadness that I inform you that my step dad, Doug Boyd passed away unexpectedly due to natural causes while on a business trip in Austin, Texas.  His wife Linda and their 11 children and 18 grandchildren are mourning his passing.  

In lieu of flowers, the family is asking for donations to go to the Church of the Open Door Youth Group, whose youth group has meant so much to his family for many years.

No comments:

Search This Blog