"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

G-FEST XXVII A Success

Above, J. D. Lees and yours truly at G-FEST XXV1 in 2019. Photo by Reagan Lees.

From the myriad of postings on Facebook and elsewhere, it appears that G-FEST XXVII was a huge success.

One poster said that the two-year layoff due to COVID-19 "made the show stronger."

I couldn't make it this year as my former roommate, Jessica, will be coming over next week and we will be doing some traveling during her visit to Durango, Colorado and Navajo Lake State Park. The funds are rather finite these days. 

However, I am planning on attending next year's convention. I last attended in 2019. Hopefully, I won't have airline issues like the last time.

From what I have been reading, the attendees liked the new hotel, the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Rosemont, Illinois (outside of Chicago). G-FEST simply outgrew the Crowne Plaza, necessitating a move to a much larger venue. When the numbers of attendees were smaller, the Crowne Plaza worked out just fine. But since the numbers grew to over 5,000 or so, that venue would not work out. 

The ballroom used for the Dealer's Room looked enormous. 

I found the architecture of the Hyatt Regency to be interesting, from the photos of it many have posted. Some likened it to the sets of Logan's Run. Yup, I can see that.

Anyway, I am glad that everyone had a great time. 

No comments:

Search This Blog