"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Red Skelton Autograph Project

Above, the card Red Skelton signed in 1972. Photo by Armand Vaquer.


Last evening, I was perusing the Red Skelton Museum of American Comedy website.

While there, I remembered I have an autographed card that Red Skelton signed for me at the Century Plaza Hotel in 1972. 

I ran into him in the hotel lobby and asked him to sign the card, which he graciously did. We had a short conversation about his show's cancelation by CBS. He expressed his displeasure over that action by the network, despite his show still having good ratings. 

The Museum's website has a store link and I started checking it for photographs to accompany the autographed card. I didn't find any.

I then checked around via Google and found many. I settled on one that is an 8 x 10" black & white photo of Red as Freddie the Freeloader, my favorite Red Skelton character. I ordered it and it should arrive sometime next week. Once it does, I will take it to Frame 'n Art in Gallup to have it framed and matted with the autographed card. 

When finished, I will hang it in the den, probably near one from Clint Eastwood. 

No comments:

Search This Blog