"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Arizona In The Spring

Above, Tombstone in 1988, a view towards the Crystal Palace. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Now that we're almost in winter (a little over a month away), I am thinking about the first real camping trip of 2023.

Since I am retired, I have the luxury to take my time and wander around to see different places. 

In April, the Lost Dutchman Chapter of E Clampus Vitus will be holding its spring clampout in Tombstone, Arizona. I haven't been to Tombstone since 1988. It was a fun place and I am looking forward to seeing it again.

Since I'll be in the area anyway, while en route to the clampout, I will likely take a detour excursion to see John Wayne's 26 Bar Ranch in Eagar, Arizona. It is pretty much along the way.

Following the clampout, I'll head west about 85 miles or so along Interstate 10 from Tombstone to Old Tucson, where many westerns were filmed. It had recently reopened with new owners. I have never been there before, so this will be a real treat.

I'll have to do some research to find what else in the region of Arizona of interest to see.

No comments:

Search This Blog