"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, November 8, 2022

RV Medical Care: How To Find It

Above, the air ambulance that transported me to the hospital at the restaurant parking lot. Photo by Mitch Germininsky.

Four years ago, while in Wells, Nevada for the Wells Fun Run car show and rally with friends, I had a medical emergency. I was camped at an RV park in town.

Fortunately for me, I was with them at a restaurant when I was stricken with a heart attack. They and the restaurant staff got the paramedics to me and I was helicoptered to Twin Falls, Idaho for a procedure to have two stents put into a coronary artery. I was in no condition to make any decisions for myself as my pulse went down to 24.

The medical bills and medical helicopter transport were fully covered by the insurance coverage I had. My friend brought my motorhome to Twin Falls. The hospital I was at had an RV camping area in their parking lot that included hook-ups and he stayed in the motorhome there. 

That all worked out great for me. But people may wonder about finding medical clinics while traveling.

RV Life has an article on just that topic.

They begin it with:

One of the most common questions people have before they hit the road full-time is how to find RV medical care as they travel. This is understandable. After all, you give up easy access to your usual doctor(s) when you leave your home state. 

The good news is finding medical care on the road is totally doable. You will likely be able to get insurance that works for you, and there are a number of RV medical programs that can help as well.

In this article, we will discuss the most popular options for medical care for RVers, so you know how and where to find help when you need it. 

To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog