"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, November 7, 2022

Classic Rock Music Monday

The stuff that now passes as "music", particularly rock 'n roll, leaves me cold. So, to start off the week, here's a video of a classic rock artist.

Back in 1978, I heard a new song by Neil Young, "Lotta Love" on L.A.'s FM rock stations. I thought it was a good song. Then, a few months later, I heard the same song, but it was by a newcomer (at least to me) singer, Nicolette Larson. I thought her version blew away Young's. Even my mom liked it. I liked her voice so well that I bought the LP (that's a vinyl record for you youngin's). 

Unfortunately, Larson passed away on December 16, 1997 at what is now the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

From the Associated Press:

LOS ANGELES (AP) _ Nicolette Larson, a recording artist who lifted Neil Young’s pop hit ``Lotta Love″ to the charts in the 1970s, has died at age 45.

Larson died Tuesday of complications from cerebral edema _ brain swelling caused by abnormal fluid accumulation _ at the University of California’s Los Angeles Medical Center, said her husband, drummer Russell Kunkel. He released no further details of her illness.

Larson performed with Jimmy Buffett, The Beach Boys and Willie Nelson.

Here's Larson performing "Lotta Love":

No comments:

Search This Blog