"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Interstate 40 Problems Persist

Above, the long line of traffic going eastbound on I-40. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last evening, I decided to have dinner in Gallup. 

When I got to the I-40 bridge, I saw that a long line of vehicles stopped in the eastbound lanes. It appears that the two night closure of eastbound Interstate 40 for road pothole repairs in Coolidge (MM 44) this week didn't do much good.

As I headed down to Gallup (there were no problems with the westbound lanes), I saw that the long line of vehicles stretched four miles to milepost 35, four miles west of my Jamestown exit.

While at dinner in Gallup, I monitored the traffic situation so that, if necessary, I can take an alternate route through Mariano Lake on Navajo Service Routes 11 and 49 (these are in the Navajo Nation).

As it was somewhat expected, the traffic was still backed up, so I took the alternate routes home. Strangely, the Navajo Service Routes were almost pothole-free. I only saw a couple of them and they were already patched. 

Although the alternate route added 40 more miles to my drive home, I didn't mind it as it is a nice drive through the Navajo Nation. The area is mainly comprised of  Navajo ranches and rock formations. The route would eventually take me to Thoreau where I got onto Interstate 40 westbound to home. 

Although a longer drive, at least I didn't have to sit in traffic for hours.

No comments:

Search This Blog