"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Sunday, December 3, 2023

How To RV Across America

Above, at the Double J Campground near Springfield, Illinois. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

When I went cross-country from Los Angeles to Metropolis, Illnois for Noel Neill's memorial service in 2016, I made reservations at some RV parks along the way. That only scratched the surface in planning the trip.

I got plenty of maps and tour books from the Automobile Club. Before leaving Los Angeles, I made sure my refrigerator was fully stocked. What was planned for a two-week trip, ended up stretching into three weeks. I had one mishap in St. Louis, Missouri that necessitated the purchase of two new tires. That cut into the funds and I had to wait out the Veterans Day holiday in Topeka, Kansas before I could replenish my cash and proceed on. Despite that, it was a good trip.

RV Life has posted an article on how to RV across America.

It begins with:

So you finally have the time to RV across America? The sights you will see are going to create so many lasting memories! Before you leave, here are 12 things you need to know to avoid making memories of RV catastrophes. As a full-time RVer myself, I’ve learned that many cross country RVing problems can be avoided with a little planning. 

The Top 10 Things to Know Before RVing Across America

Most of your RV trip planning can happen before you get on the road.  Here is where you want to do a little research. My list of ten things to know before taking a cross-country RV road trip can make your planning easier.

 To read more, go here.

No comments:

Search This Blog