"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Thursday, December 28, 2023

2023 Highlights

Above, at the Crystal Palace Saloon in Tombstone, Arizona
 during the Lost Dutchman Chapter's Spring Clampout.

As we're only days away from 2014, I thought I would take a look back on 2023.

The year wasn't too bad for me personally. Health and general living were fine and dandy, but I do have to keep watch on my blood pressure. My cardiologist says the best thing to do is to keep active and exercise (a lot of walking).

Above, Mitch Geriminsky and I with U.S. Mint Director Ventris
 C. Gibson at the National Money Show in Phoenix, Arizona.

The first quarter's highlight was going to the American Numismatic Association's National Money Show in Phoenix, Arizona. I flew to Phoenix and met Mitch Geriminsky there. I was amazed at how big the city of Phoenix had grown. We had a good time perusing the dealers's displays of coins. We met U.S. Mint Director Ventris C. Gibson at the show. I joined the American Numismatic Association while there. 

The second quarter's highlight was the Spring Clampout of the Lost Dutchman Chapter of E Clampus Vitus in Tombstone, Arizona. Over 300 clampers attended. On the way there, I stopped by John Wayne's former ranch, the 26 Bar Ranch in Eagar. It was a nice drive along the eastern third of Arizona. The clampout was enjoyable and I took part in the ritual of the initiation rites. I hadn't been to Tombstone since the late 1980s, so it was nice to be back. The plaque dedication was at Boot Hill Graveyard. 

Above, yours truly at Old Tucson Studios.

After the clampout, I headed to Tucson to pay a visit to Saguaro National Park and Old Tucson Studios. I had never been to either before, so it was a good opportunity to see both.

I attened the Lions Club Rodeo in June.

Above, cousin Maria and Fred stopped by for a quick visit at the Flying J in July.

In August, the Gallup Gun Show returned to Gallup for the first time since before the pandemic. I attended the Gallup Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial at Red Rock Park, including its rodeo. 

Above, Ethan Wayne, John Wayne's youngest son, and I with my donation
check to the John Wayne Cancer Foundation near Ridgway, Colorado.

In September, I returned to Ridgway, Colorado for the John Wayne Cancer Foundation "Grit Series" marathons. This time I volunteered to help man a water station for the runners. The weather was a little brisk and my allergies were giving me fits, but I toughed it out. Before leaving after the marathons were over, I handed Ethan Wayne a donation to the cancer foundation. 

Above, Mitch Geriminsky and I with the birthday present
 painting by Asya Lipovetckaia. Photo by Dwight Kuntz.

In October, the annular eclipse's path went directly over my home in Jamestown, New Mexico. I took some photos of it from Barking Spider Acre.

Above, waiting for the annular solar eclipse to start.

Also in October, I attended friend Mitch Geriminsky's 70th birthday party in Lake Havasu. I gave him a commissioned painting by Asya Lipovetckaia, which he and the other attendees loved. While in Lake Havasu, I shot skeet for the first time and enjoyed it. Afterwards, I bought a Remington 870 Express shotgun in Lake Havasu.

Above, yours truly with the new shotgun.

I wasn't done with Lake Havasu. I went back for Christmas with the Geriminskys and did some more skeet shooting with the new shotgun. 

Hopefully, 2024 will also be a good year. 

No comments:

Search This Blog