"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, December 12, 2023

What A Day!

Above, the El Rancho's lobby had more Christmas decorations yesterday. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Yesterday was rather interesting.

I had to go into Gallup to do some grocery shopping. Before doing so, I stopped at the Silver Screen cafe at the El Rancho Hotel for a breakfast of their Monument Valley Enchiladas. They were good (as usual).

In case I didn't see my waitress again before Christmas, I gave her a monetary Christmas bonus with her tip. I made her day, especially since business had been slow yesterday.

Above, the Silver Screen cafe's Christmas tree. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Before leaving home, I was somewhat concerned over the starting problems with my 1989 Mustang. But it had been starting good for this past week, so I decided to chance it. In back of my mind, if it should act up in Gallup, it would be near enough to my mechanic's so that if probrems should arise, they could finally find out what's causing the problem. They can't diagnose it if it starts.

Above, another view of the El Rancho's lobby. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

From the El Rancho, I headed to the market and got my groceries, including dairy and frozen foods.

Well, after loading the car with the groceries, the car tried to start but something choked it off and it wouldn't start. Luckily, it was only a few blocks from the mechanic, but I had to wait for Auto Club's tow truck to arrive, which ended up being a hour and a half later. Thankfully, the market put my perishables in their cooler. Greg Lucier came to give me a ride home. 

Finally, the tow truck arrived and it was towed to the mechanic's. 

The way the car was acting, I suspect the problem lies with the fuel system. In any case, I am having the fuel filter changed. Hopefully, the starting problem will finally be fixed.

When I got home, waiting for me on the porch was the 6" Godzilla Minus One vinyl figure by Bandai that I ordered on December 5. It arrived from Japan. Nice, fast service!

Above, the Bandai 6" Godzilla Minus One figure. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Now for the wait to find out what ails the Mustang. Thank God I have the Jeep to drive around here.

No comments:

Search This Blog