"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Wednesday, December 6, 2023

Time To Get A Battery

Above, the Jeep's battery compartment. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Today, I have to be in Gallup to take Larry Lucier to his physical therapist and, while in town, pick up a new battery for the Jeep.

The battery I have is a two-year battery and it has been almost three years since I bought it. It has been losing power (probably partly due to the cold temperatures) and I have had to hook it up to a battery charger to get the Jeep started over the last couple of days. 

The Jeep, a military 1952 Willys Jeep M38A1, formerly had a 24 volt system. But, before I bought it, it was converted to 12 volt. The recommended batteries for such a conversion are 51R batteries. 

I think I got my money's worth from the battery.

After that's done, I'll have to deal with the Mustang's starting problem. For the first time in two weeks, I got it started yesterday. 

No comments:

Search This Blog