"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Tuesday, December 26, 2023

RV Dealer Makes Buyer Leave Over $2,500 "Dealer Prep/Walk Thru" Charge

Above, my Winnebago on La Mesa RV's lot. La Mesa RV photo.

When one buys an RV, be it a motorhome or a trailer, the walk-through with the dealer is usually part of the sales transaction before one drives it off the lot.

I purchased two Class C motorhomes and each time the dealer gave me a walk-through the unit explaining each system and feature. I have never been charged for such. I videoed the first one for future reference. 

When I bought my current Winnebago Class C, the dealer (La Mesa RV) even picked me up at the airport in San Diego, gratis!

I was perusing RV Travel this morning and an item caught my eye. A Camping World dealer decided to charge a customer $2,500 for a "dealer prep charge". 

Here's what was written:

Charge for a walk-through?

Joseph W. was buying a Class C and the dealer was going to charge for a walk-through! He wrote, “We were looking for a Class C and were ready to spend over 100K. The Camping World salesperson told me that there was a $2,500 dealer prep charge. When I asked, she said it included the walk-through. I told her I was walking through the door right out of the store. I found a dealer who does not charge for a walk-through. Guess where we will buy?”

I would have done the same.

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog