"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Saturday, December 30, 2023

Ordered Ammo

Above, the Winchester 1894 and scabbard. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Since the cost of ammunition is bound to be going up in 2024 (along with possible shortages), I decided to order some .30-30 Winchester and 12 gauge shot shells while the prices are still reasonable through Cabela's (their shipping cost is only $5.00) and they're having year-end sales. I'll be ready for some target practice when it gets warmer this coming spring and summer.

I decided to try out a different brand of 12 gauge shot shells. Previously, I was using Remington target load shells. I have no problem with them, but decided to see if Federal's Top Gun Target Load performs better. 

As for the .30-30 Winchester, I decided on Hornady American Whitetail .30-30 Winchester 150 Grain. I could have bought 170 grain, but decided on making it easier on the Winchester Model 1894. After all, it is only for target practice. Their under-$26.00 price/box is much better than the $70.00 price/box I saw last week in a Lake Havasu gun store.

No comments:

Search This Blog