"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Monday, December 25, 2023

How To Repair or Replace An RV Vent Fan


Not long after I bought my 2015 Winnebago Minnie Winnie 22R, I found that the bathroom vent cover (with fan) "glued" itself shut. As the motorhome was still under warranty, I took it to the Valencia Camping World to have it fixed. Camping World was an authorized warranty dealer for Winnebago.

The next time I had an issue with a vent cover was following the Wells, Nevada trip in 2018 (the one where I had to have two stents put into a coronary artery) when the cover shattered. I called a mobile RV repairer in Lake Havasu and he took care of replacing the vent cover. I was in no shape to do it myself and rains were imminent.

Those were the only times I had to deal with vent covers. My vent fan still works great.

Do It Yourself RV has posted an article on how to repair or replace an RV vent fan. 

It begins with:

It’s no secret that the RV vent fan that comes standard in most motorhomes and trailers is a wonderful accessory. The fan can be used to get rid of excess moisture, get air moving through the rig, or send bad smells outdoors. 

Unfortunately, your RV vent fan probably won’t last forever. At some point, it will inevitably start to malfunction in one way or another, leaving you with the task of either repairing or replacing it to continue enjoying its benefits.

The good news? Repairing and replacing RV vent fan accessories is something most handy individuals can do on their own. Here’s what you need to know. 

To read more, go here

No comments:

Search This Blog