"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, December 8, 2023

"The Flash" (2023)


Yesterday, I received an early Christmas present from my former roommate Jessica. It was a Blu-ray of The Flash (2023).

The movie stars Ezra Miller as Barry Allen, Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne, Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne and Sasha Calle as Supergirl.

The IMDb summary:

Barry Allen uses his super speed to change the past, but his attempt to save his family creates a world without super heroes, forcing him to race for his life in order to save the future.

I viewed the movie for the second time today. I wasn't expecting too much from reading much skuttlebutt against it before seeing it the first time (yesterday). I don't feel the negative reviews expressed were justified. Was it a perfect movie? No. But I found it very entertaining.

While trying to change the past (to save his mother's life), Barry opens up a multi-verse of different times. It was fun seeing Keaton don the cape and cowl and great to see George Reeves, Chris Reeve, Helen Slater and Adam West representing the different universes. Oddly, this also included the Superman that never was, Nicholas Cage.

Gal Gadot made a cameo as Wonder Woman at the beginning. 

Overall, I would grade The Flash somewhere around A- or B+. 

2 comments:

Gary said...

Politics is sadly injected by both sides. I didn't see Flash. But I gave Captain Marvel a 7 out of 10. A solid fun popcorn flick.

Armand Vaquer said...

I didn't detect anything political in it. There may have been studio politics involved in regard to Ezra Miller, but nothing that would catch my attention. It was a good popcorn movie.

Search This Blog