"There is no limit to what a man can do or where he can go if he doesn't mind who gets the credit." - President Ronald Reagan.

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition

Buy The Amazon Kindle Store Ebook Edition
Get the ebook edition here! (Click image.)

Friday, March 8, 2024

Ford's Theater Video

Above, the front of Ford's Theater in 1982. Photo by Armand Vaquer.

Last evening, I watched the following video on President Abraham Lincoln's assassination sites of Ford's Theater and the Peterson House.

I had visited both in June 1982 when I went to Washington, D.C. to attend a White House reception for the 1980 California Delegation to the Republican National Convention in which I was a delegate. 

The video shows what visitors can see in both locations. The displays at Ford's Theater are much more elaborate than when I visited. At the time of my visit, there wasn't as many displays. One display I saw was the suit Lincoln was wearing when he was shot. 

The Deringer pistol John Wilkes Booth used to shoot Lincoln is now on display at Ford's. I don't recall seeing it there in 1982. It was put on display there in 1940.

There were a few more displays at the Peterson House. Since it is a small place, there wasn't too many more. 

While watching the video, I was thinking that I should make a return trip to Washington. 

Here's the video:

No comments:

Search This Blog